After a strong 2016, the Raiders head into 2017 with an air of expectation. Being a fan of a perennially under-performing team I’m not used to that. It makes me feel weird seeing Gus Gould tweet positive feelings about my beloved Green Machine. So to dampen the expectations and as a panacea for my anxiety, I’ve decided to compile a list of why the Raiders won’t succeed this year.
- Jack Wighton to be brutalized by the judiciary – After embarrassing the NRL by beating that shoulder charge booking last year, the match review committee will be looking for revenge at the slightest indiscretion. Grade 3 spit on the field?
- Dave Taylor to play well for 3 weeks…and then thinks he’s a halfback again
(He is not a halfback)
- Jarrod Croker’s leg injury turns out to be worst than first thought – Will he ever kick goals again? Will it require amputation? Will he amputate the other leg and play Lieutenant Dan in a local production of Forest Gump?
- Edrick Lee sad and can’t concentrate now his cousin Brenko Lee is gone
- The NRL makes the Raiders play ‘The Rookie’ Lou Goodwin in an attempt prove the TV concept wasn’t horseshit
(One of the challenges was to pat a dog)
- Sezer’s field goal attempts will get even worse
(Get your eye in Aiden)
- Jordan Turner was only signed because they thought he was related to former Raider Glenn Turner
(He is not related to Glenn Turner)
- Junior Paulo suspended for Round 1 – Junior Paulo thinks putting on headgear makes him unrecognisable and/or invisible. He’s already tried club rugby, so on his week off what’s next? Women’s AFL? Sitting in on a Senate committee?
- Most of the team is picked for Origin, including Clay Priest #Priest4Origin
(He wore his jersey to get his passport photo done)
Agree or disagree with our summation? Leave a comment below or contact us here
The podcast is back on 16th February so subscribe to get it when it comes out.
To subscribe to Podcast RSS Feed – CLICK HERE
To subscribe to Podcast via iTunes – CLICK HERE